Monday, April 30, 2012

Introduction

I am a skinny girl trapped in a chubby girl's body. My entire life I have struggled to get skinny, to no avail. Why? Because my entire life I have focused on being skinny, not being healthy. This is NOT a weight loss blog. I am not on here to talk about how many pounds I lose, or how many inches have melted off. I am here to talk about how putting the right foods in my mouth will ultimately change my life. Do I want to lose weight? Absolutely, who doesn't. I have always pictured myself in a skimpy red dress. But the truth is I would rather be healthy and curvy than skinny and sick.

I recently lost 65 pounds with a dietitian. I had hit my highest weight of 261 pounds. Something I didn't even think I could hit. My dietitian helped me shed those pounds fast. But at the first emotional roller coast, I was out the door. Just like every other time I was on a "diet". Again, the yo-yo started and before I could blink I had gained 15 pounds back.

I am a graduate student studying Nutrition and Food Science. Why did I feel that I needed to see a dietitian when i was learning what I should eat? So I decided to take my life into my own hands. If I am going to help someone else, it's time I help myself. And thus.... I have changed my life. In the last two months, I have not lost weight. But I have maintained. And this in itself is one HUGE victory for me. Every day will bring another challenge. Living healthy is not easy. But living healthy is the only way. I hope you follow me on my journey and learn some things while you do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment