Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Kale

Today for lunch I made toasted Kale chips! Kale is a super food because it is loaded with nutrients. There are so many ways you can use it. I have used it in salad as my lettuce. It has a stronger taste than romaine, but not as strong as spinach. I have sauteed it with fresh garlic and olive oil. But toasting has been my favorite so far. Kale has an extra crispiness that makes it great!

Kale's Benefits

Ingredients:
Kale
Spray Butter
Garlic Powder
Salt

Rinse and completely dry the kale. Chop it up into bite size pieces. Place it on a pan or tin foil. Lightly spray with spray butter. Sprinkle on some salt and garlic powder. Try to limit the salt since we consume too much to begin with. Place it in the toaster oven until the edges start to brown. The drier the Kale, the crispier. Enjoy!

This can also be made in the oven. I would bake it at 375 until the edges start to brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment